The Mentor-Protégé Program (MPP) strives to produce a broad base of high quality, competitive and profitable companies through incremental improvement.
The three-year program pairs each participating small business with two mentors who work with the small business to develop a strategic plan specific to the needs of the small business and overcome obstacles the firm is facing. The Port facilitates monthly team meetings and provides a wide array of free technical assistance during the firm’s participation in the program.
CRITERIA TO QUALIFY
- Must be COBID certified
- Must be in continuous operation for at least 3 years
- Must be current on all taxes
- Must be current on all licenses (if applicable)
- Must not be ineligible or debarred from public works by BOLI
- Must not be under litigation
- Must be willing to attend one class a month and one meeting a month
TYPICAL SERVICES PROVIDED
- Proposal Writing
- Project Management
- Human Resources